Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
With comprehensive, practical coverage of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding, ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2015 Edition provides a thorough understanding of diagnosis coding in physician and hospital settings. It combines basic coding principles, clear examples, challenging exercises, and the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to ensure coding accuracy using the latest codes. From leading medical coding authorities Karla Lovaasen and Jennifer Schwerdtfeger, this learn by doing resource will help you succeed whether you're learning to code for the first time or preparing for the transition to ICD-10!
- ICD-10-CM/PCS codes are included for all coding exercises and examples, in preparation for the expected October 2015 implementation of ICD-10.
- Numerous coding exercises and examples in each chapter break key content into manageable segments and challenge users to apply chapter concepts.
- Integrated medical record coverage provides a context for coding and familiarizes users with documents they will encounter on the job.
- Disease coverage, including illustrations and coding examples, helps users understand how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Coding related to the most common and the most complex procedures trains users on inpatient procedural coding using ICD-10-PCS.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) provide fast, easy access to the latest codes as well as examples of proper application.
- MS-DRG documentation and reimbursement details guide users through this key component of the coding process.
- Full-color design with illustrations emphasizes important content such as anatomy and physiology, and provides visual reinforcement of key concepts.
- Partial answer keys for the textbook and workbook exercises are available on the companion Evolve website.
- NEW! Updated content includes the icd-10 code revisions to ensure users have the latest coding information available.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION