Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
E-commerce. Some businesses have enjoyed tremendous success, while others that have been in it a while wonder why its not working as well as they had anticipated. Some businesses think they should be in it, but dont know where to start. Others think all you need is a URL and a Web site and youre in business.
E-commerce encompasses all aspects of buying and selling online. That necessitates several Internet technologies, including enterprise resource planning, electronic-procurement and payment transaction processing, Web site design, EDI and XML, networking protocols, and security. E-commerce is where sales and marketing and IT meet. Each group needs to know something about the others side of the business to do business online successfully. E-Commerce For Dummies helps bridge the gap between technical and sales with:
- Explanations of both business strategy and technology
- A comprehensive overview of the diverse areas of e-commerce, including business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C).
- Case studies that show real-world examples of what strategies are succeeding and what strategies are failing
The authors include Greg Holden, the e-Marketplace columnist for CNET and bestselling author of Starting an Online Business For Dummies, and two prominent analysts from the e-commerce division of IDC, one of the premier technology and business forecasting companies in the world. They provide guidance to help businesses just entering the e-commerce and companies that want to boost their e-commerce sales, including information on:
- Marketing and competing in Cyberspace
- Planning your storefront
- Processing and fulfilling online transactions
- Dealing with the back office, including managing the supply chain and setting up distribution and fulfillment systems
With online sales increasing at a phenomenal rate, established brick and mortar firms as well as entrepreneurs are realizing that e-commerce represents a tremendous opportunity. E-Commerce For Dummies helps businesses seize that opportunity and get down to businessonline businessfast.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION