Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Therapists, teachers, and parents need resources to help children who experience difficulties in the classroom. Occupational therapists have collaborated with physical therapists and speech therapists designing activities for children that maximize opportunities for sensory integration, gross motor, fine motor, and oral motor development.
Sensory Motor Handbook provides teachers with hundreds of suggestions to help meet sensory and motor needs in the classroom. It also provides parents and children with many entertaining, easy-to-implement activities. Aimed at preschool to fourth grade level, these activities also can be used with people of all ages who have developmental disabilities.
* Written in a style which purposely avoids medical terminology, to assist both the professional and layperson working with children in special education
* Provides teachers with a framework from which to observe, modify, and implement motor-related activities in the classroom
* Describes sensory systems and strategies for modifying activities
* Contains activities, games, songs, and instructions for easy-to-make equipment
* Gives tips for paper and tool selection, as well as proper desk and chair positions
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION