Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Criminal Procedures: The Police: Cases, Statutes, and Executive Materials, Fourth Edition, is a comprehensive treatment of criminal procedures that depicts the enormous variety within criminal justice systems by examining the procedures and policies of both federal and state systems and looking at sources of law and doctrine from multiple institutions. This "real-world" text offers students and instructors a deliberate focus on the realities of the high-volume circumstances that surround criminal procedure.
The currency and timeliness of the Fourth Edition of this highly regarded casebook is ensured by an updated selection of cases and statutes as well as expanded coverage of important areas.
This time- and classroom-tested casebook:
- Surveys the constitutional, statutory, and administrative doctrines and practices that shape how the police interact with citizens and investigate crimes.
- Examines the procedures and policies of both federal and state systems, as well as the assumptions and judgments underlying each, and how these systems interrelate and sometimes compete with one another.
- Looks at sources of law and doctrine from multiple institutions , including U.S. Supreme Court cases, state high court cases, statutes, rules of procedure, and police and prosecutorial policies.
- Explores the influence of politics within various institutions of law enforcement and the role of public pressure on policing and procedure with regard to terrorism, drug trafficking, domestic abuse, and the treatment of crime victims.
- Investigates the impact of criminal procedures on law enforcers, lawyers, courts, communities, defendants, and victims through the use of interdisciplinary materials.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Expanded coverage of the impact of race on criminal law enforcement.
- Emphasis on the interaction of criminal procedure and immigration enforcement, including treatment of Arizona s immigration initiative.
- Streamlined coverage of wiretapping and technology issues.
- A skillful integration of the casebook with the internet-based materials through regular notes that direct students to the student website for further reading and practice.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION