Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The 2nd edition of Critical Care Skills builds on its solid reputation as a superior clinical handbook and bedside reference that presents techniques based on the realities of clinical practice. This manual is comprised of varying technical skills and methods detailing procedures in the following areas: pulmonary care, cardiovascular, intravenous therapy, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, wound management, special procedures, and specimen collection. Its small size and spiral binding offer easy access and transport for practicing nurses, educators, and students alike.
- Pearls are technical tips for the user to apply to each procedure from an advanced, experienced point of view.
- Note call-outs provide a wide array of information relative to each procedure and its value, purpose, and equipment used.
- Caution call-outs alert the user to sensitive issues and possible adverse effects of a procedure.
- The Cardiovascular section of the book contains 60 illustrations of waveforms and ECGs.
- Each of the eight sections of the book contain multiple detailed illustrations of equipment and step-by-step procedures
- Features 10 new procedures, including:
- Noninvasive Ventilation
- ST Segment Monitoring
- Intra-abdominal Pressure Monitoring
- Intracerebral Oxygen Saturation Monitoring
- Partial Non-Rebreathing Mask
- Tracheostomy Collar
- Continuous Venovenous Hemofiltration Dialysis
- Electrolyte Administration Chart
- Baseline Assessment Chart
- References to Parkland Memorial Hospital are minimized
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION