Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Though the professions of author and accountant couldn't be more different in their main functions, authors come closer to becoming mini-accountants than they realize. Why? Because once anyone becomes an official business owner, he/she crosses into the realm of accounting and taxation.
Oh, the horrors of it, right? But never fear!
Getting a handle on important basics is really not all that daunting. Allow this author and former CPA to help you get serious about your business by learning the major "must-knows" of Bean Counting for Authors and Creative Business Owners.
In this book, you'll gain insight on how to:
- Determine if your endeavor is a Business or Hobby
- Choose and implement an Entity Structure for your Business
- Set up and Keep Books properly
- Set up and manage Sales and Use Tax when and where required
- Understand the different Business Taxes
- Recognize, track, and budget for Common Expenses
- Recognize, track, and budget for Complex Expenses
- Become clear about Employees versus Independent Contractors, and handle each accordingly
- Plan and save for Retirement
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION