Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Preparedness is the best weapon against terrorism
Understanding, Assessing, and Responding to Terrorism: Protecting Critical Infrastructure and Personnel gives a detailed explanation of how to implement preventive and/or protective measures to ensure the safety of personnel and facilities. It includes:
- Easily customized templates for the vulnerability analysis, security procedures, emergency response procedures, and training programs
- Vulnerability assessment methodologies and formulas for prioritizing targets
- Coverage of critical infrastructure sectors, hard targets, and soft targets, such as hotels, places of worship, and commercial districts
- Countermeasures for terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction with coverage of chemical, biological, radiological/nuclear, and explosive materials
- A seven-step Security Vulnerability Analysis (SVA) process to identify and categorize critical infrastructure, key resources, and key assets
- Information on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) that enables all public, private, and non-governmental organizations to work together effectively to prepare for, prevent, respond to, and recover from domestic incidents
- Numerous case studies and examples
A practical, how-to book with step-by-step processes to help reduce risks from terrorist attacks, this is a must-have reference for private and public sector risk managers, safety engineers, security professionals, facility managers, emergency responders, and others charged with protecting facilities and personnel.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION