Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
From the foremost authority, the definitive guide to your career as an event leader!
Today's special events have their roots in the universal, ancient human need to celebrate with ceremony and ritual. Twenty-first-century event leaders acknowledge these roots while moving the event management profession toward the new possibilities presented by our globalizing world. Special Events: The Roots and Wings of Celebration, Fifth Edition provides experienced as well as aspiring event leaders with a comprehensive guide to understanding, planning, funding, promoting, and producing special events. Filled with helpful resources and illustrative examples, this Fifth Edition covers such areas as marketing, sponsorship, human resource management, financial administration, risk management, safety and security, global event leadership models, media use, legal and ethical considerations, technology, career development, and more.
New and revised materials in this edition include:
- New profiles of leaders in the global events industry from Africa to America and from Bulgaria to Birmingham-learn what makes the greats great and their events truly spectacular
- Five Best Practice examples of exemplary events and over a dozen detailed case studies of all types of events
- Broader coverage of production schedules and the soon-to-be new industry standard, the APEX event specification guide
- Revised discussion of law and ethics in special events
- Over 100 new Web resources throughout text
- Descriptions of the leading meetings and events industry professional certification programs and how to earn these designations
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION