Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This practical book offers an extensive examination of how manual therapy (MT) techniques work, and how to match the most suitable techniques to different conditions. Drawing on evidence-based research, it explores the physiological, neurological and psychophysiological responses of the human body to MT techniques. In doing so, it helps MT practitioners deliver a more effective and safer treatment for a broader range of conditions.
- Comprehensive overview helps provide an understanding of how and why MT techniques work.
- Content is written in jargon-free, easy-to-read style, with most terms explained.
- Text is enhanced by over 120 diagrams, photographs and tables.
- Manual pain relief is extensively discussed throughout the book.
- Section 1 examines the direct effects of manual therapy on connective tissue and muscle physiology, examining how MT can help assist repair and adaptation processes in these tissues.
- Section 2 examines the effect of MT on the neuromuscular system, identifying conditions where neuromuscular dysfunctions can be treated by MT.
- Section 3 examines the psychological, emotional and behavioral impacts of MT, in addition to the psychophysiological affects of MT, including psychomotor, neuroendocrine, and autonomic responses.
- More than 1,000 references relevant to manual therapy are included, making this an essential source book for students and researchers of MT.
- Content is completely rewritten, extensively updated and expanded, adding new research material, novel clinical approaches, and demonstrations of new techniques and assessments.
- Pain coverage is expanded.
- More information is included on the responses of muscle to mechanical stimuli when applying MT techniques.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION