Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
This book provides a clear and complete introduction to the theory and practice of Zen Shiatsu, presenting vivid detail on the theoretical foundations of both Traditional Chinese Medicine and five element theory. It offers remarkably clear, high-quality illustrations and photos that support text discussions. The all-encompassing 2nd Edition takes the reader through an exploration of the various approaches to treatment routines, with case studies, explanations, and step-by-step descriptions of techniques.
- Clear and readable text allows even beginners to build knowledge and practice with confidence.
- Thorough explorations of the various strands of theory - TCM, five elements, Zen - are presented to make their integration into practice clear and rational.
- Detailed text descriptions and illustrations of meridians, point locations, and functions are presented together with the relevant underlying anatomy.
- Step-by-step descriptions of treatment routines and appropriate touch techniques enable readers to apply what they've learned.
- More detail has been added to the points covered in each meridian section.
- Greater mention is made of other styles of Shiatsu practice, giving the reader a frame of reference with each style in context alongside Zen Shiatsu.
- New case studies emphasize practical applications and solutions.
- More material is presented on diagnostic techniques and the interpretation of diagnoses.
- New line illustrations and photographs enhance the text.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION