Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship is the newest incarnation of Garry Landreths comprehensive text on creating therapeutic relationships with children through play. It detailsthe Child-Centered Play Therapy model, which stresses the importance of understanding the childs world and perspective. This approach facilitates the play therapy process while allowing therapist and client to fully connect. Professors who have taught a course based on the previous edition will be pleased to find the core message intact, but updated with a significant body of recent research. Expanded to cover additional topics of interest, the new edition includes:
- afull chapter on current research in play therapy
- new sections on supervising play therapists, legal and ethical issues and multicultural concerns
- 30 new photographs that show the author demonstrating techniques in-session
- practical tips for working with parents
- instructions on play room set-up and materials
- online instructor resources.
The Third Edition will feel both familiar and fresh to educators and trainers who have relied on Landreths text for years. The guidelines, transcripts, and case examples offered help therapists govern sensitive issues at every stage of the therapeutic process, from the first meeting to the end of the relationship.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION