Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
The leading text in pediatric nursing, Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children takes a unique, easy-to-understand developmental approach to describe the care of children at each age and stage of development. Childhood diseases and disorders are organized by age groups and body systems, and described through the nursing process framework.This edition includes updates on topics such as the new CPR guidelines, immunizations, and pain assessment and management. Written by pediatric experts, Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson, each with nearly 30 years of hands-on experience, this bestseller provides an evidence-based, clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes.
"A good neonatal and paediatric reference and textbook..." Reviewed by Jo Wilson on behalf of Nursing Times, March 2015
A developmental approach addresses the differences at each stage of the child's growth and enables you to individualize care at the appropriate level for each child.
- UNIQUE! Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood diseases and disorders, showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care, with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen, and include nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- Critical thinking exercises use case studies to help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- An emphasis on wellness includes principles of health promotion and injury prevention for each age group.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress, and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
NEW! NCLEX exam-style review questions allow you to test your understanding of text content and practice answering application-based NCLEX questions.
- NEW! Translating Evidence into Practice and Applying Evidence to Practice boxes help you apply research to support, guide, and improve the outcomes of nursing care.
- UPDATED content includes the new CPR guidelines, pain assessment and management, immunizations, asthma, and updated interventions.
- NEW! Community and Home Health Considerations boxes focus on wellness information and illness-related topics.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION